The Bosmere Governing Body
Governing bodies are the key strategic decision-making body of every school and have a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education.
In all schools governing bodies should have a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
No special qualifications are needed and the most important thing is to have a keen interest in the school and be prepared to play an active part in the governing body’s work. Good interpersonal and communication skills as well as a flexible approach and some knowledge of finance. We are looking for innovative, enthusiastic, organised and hardworking people to join our team of Governors.
We welcome Governors regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Bosmere is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you need to contact our Chair of Governors you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools and Trusts are duty bound to publish information on:
• The membership of the Local Governing Body
• Meeting Attendance in the Last Academic Year
• A Register of Pecuniary Interests of Governors
Please click on the button below to access those details.