Bosmere Admission Arrangements
Bosmere Community Primary School is a Children’s Endeavour Trust Academy and therefore follows the Current Trust Admissions Policy which is available here
In-Year Admissions 2020/21 (EYFS through to Year 6)
If you wish to apply for a place at Bosmere Primary School during this academic year, you should contact the main school office on 01449 721750 or download our in-year application form 2020/21 by clicking here
Applying for a Place for 2021/22 (EYFS – Reception Class)
Admissions into EYFS – Reception Class for September are handled by Suffolk County Council and opened on Saturday 12th September 2020. You can apply online here, or fill in a CAF1 paper application form. The closing date for applications (online and paper) is Friday 15th January 2021. If you applied online, Suffolk County Council will send you an email to let you know which school has been offered on Friday 16th April 2021. If you applied on a paper application form, Suffolk County Council will send you a letter by second class post to let you know which school has been offered on Friday 16th April 2021.
Information from Suffolk County Council – Admission to Reception year (September 2021)
All of the information parents/carers need to help them make their decision is available on our website at www.suffolk.gov.uk/admissions, including information about the School Travel Policy and some School Travel Scenarios. They will also find on our website:
- Information on how to apply for a school place, including the steps to follow and what to do if they have any queries. This information can also be found in the Admissions to Schools in Suffolk 2021/2022 guide on our website which can also be downloaded.
- Details of all primary (including infant, junior and middle) schools and how places are offered when a school gets too many applications.
Parents/carers should apply for a school place online at www.suffolk.gov.uk/admissions. Only those who are unable to apply online should complete and return to us a paper CAF1 application form which is available to download from www.suffolk.gov.uk/admissions or by contacting us on 0345 600 0981.
Pupils will not be allocated a school place automatically. All parents/carers must apply for a place, even if their child is already attending a nursery class in an infant or primary school, a pre-school or a children’s centre next to a school site. This is because a place in a nursery class, pre-school or children’s centre does not guarantee their child a full-time place at that school.
It is important that parents/carers consider how their child will travel to and from school before they apply for a school place. The following information is very important:
- We will provide SCC funded school travel to the Nearest Suitable School that would have had a place available for a child when they are a) aged under 8 and live at least two miles from the school; or b) aged 8 or older and live at least three miles from the school. This would be whether or not an application was made for a place at that school. The nearest school might not be their catchment area school.
- We strongly recommend that parents/carers check which school is their nearest suitable school on our Nearest School Checker because this might not be their catchment area school. They can find out which are their three nearest Suffolk schools (based on the statutory walking distance including Public Rights of Way) by putting their postcode into our Nearest School Checker. The Checker can be found at nearestschool.suffolk.gov.uk. We update this each year to include new roads and developments.
- We would only provide SCC funded school travel to their Catchment Area School if it is the nearest school to their home that would have had a place available for their child.
- Their School Preferences and the order they put them on their admissions application could affect their child’s eligibility for SCC funded school travel. Our School Travel Scenarios can help parents/carers work out when their child might be eligible for SCC funded school travel to their school when the age and distance criteria are met. These can be found in Step 4 of the ‘Apply for a primary school place’ page online at www.suffolk.gov.uk/admissions
- Full details about SCC funded school travel, including the School Travel Policy, additional arrangements for low income families and those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), can be found at www.suffolkonboard.com/
The Admissions Oversubscription Criteria for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools gives priority to siblings. This means that it is very important that parents include details on the application form of any other child already at or about to start at the school they are applying for. Failure to provide this information may affect the offer of a school place.
The Admissions Oversubscription Criteria for Voluntary Aided, Foundation, Free Schools and Academies may be different from Community and Voluntary Controlled schools.
Any applications made after the closing date may not be dealt with until after places have been offered to those who applied on time. This means that all available places at a parent/carer’s preferred school(s) may have been filled and it could be some time before the outcome of the application is known.
Parents/carers can keep up-to-date on school admissions by:
Liking us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/
Following us on Twitter: twitter.com/suffolkcc
If parents/carers have any questions, they can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0345 600 0981 (local rate).
A Virtual Tour of Early Years - Welcome to Bosmere
Click on the presentation below to advance pages.
If your application is unsuccessful and you wish to appeal the decision to refuse your child a place at this school, an appeal form is available to download by clicking on our Appeals Form doc Here . Please note the deadline for reception places has now passed.
Appeals timescales are detailed on this link: Admission Appeal Timetable doc 2020-21
At Bosmere Community Primary School we very much welcome visits from prospective parents.
The button below will take you to Suffolk County Council’s Admission Arrangements details. Here you will find all the information and documentation you may require when registering your child for school.
For Nursery Admissions, please contact the school office for an application form. Children may start at our Nursery the term after they turn 3 years old.
If you need to speak to Suffolk School Admissions, please call 0345 600 0981.