2020/2021 Sports Premium Funding – Predicted Expenditure Breakdown
PE and school sport is very important to us all at Bosmere Primary School and we pride ourselves on promoting physical activity by offering a wide range of experiences within PE lessons, and during lunchtime, after school and extra-curricular activities.
As you will be aware, every Primary school in the country has received additional funding from the government for sport and physical education in this academic year. The PE and School Sport premium from the government has been greatly received and we plan to use the funds wisely to foster the children’s lifelong love of sport and being active.
Within school we have an action plan outlining how we wish to use the money, baseline data we are collecting and evidence to show the positive impact of this funding.
To impact on the attainment and progress of pupils and offer sustained improvement in the provision of PE and sport at Bosmere Primary, we are spending the government funding on the following areas:
- CPD/out of school courses for staff to improve their subject knowledge and practice in delivering high quality PE
- Release for the PE Co-ordinator for CPD and time to impact on PE across the school
- Increased amount of inter/intra sport festivals and competitions. For example – tag rugby, tennis, netball and Kwik Cricket events
- Enrichment activities inside and outside of school, including lunchtime sports clubs in Summer Term.
- Transport to local sporting events
- Specialist teaching and coaching across the school – for example offering children high quality gymnastics and games lessons, as well as aiding the CPD of Bosmere teaching staff
- Support from the Sports Partnership to train Young Leaders
- Sports equipment and resources to enhance lessons and enrich the experiences of children
Below is the estimated breakdown of the pupil premium and PE and Sport funding for our school along with the cost for the provision we have chosen and future cost implications. We have taken into account the potential limitations in the provision we can offer in line with current government Covid guidelines and the impact this has had on the school timetable:
|Estimated government funding to be received academic year 20/21||£18,700|
|Total estimated annual premium available||£19,200|
|CPD for staff – supported lessons with specialist teachers and coaches working with Bosmere teachers||£4480 Autumn
|Membership to Gipping Valley Sports Partnership for year||£750|
|New equipment for teaching and maintenance of resources (including repairs)||£500|
|Purchase of sports equipment to develop use of MUGA||1500|
|Total estimated spending||£14,160|
* level of spending to be reviewed regularly with any funding unspent focused on enrichment activities and additional clubs
Year 5 Swimming Data - July 2019*
Of the 55 year 5 pupils who attended weekly swimming lessons with school:
78% are able to swim at least 25mtrs (swimming competently, confidently and proficiently)
60% are able to perform safe self rescue, gaining a Personal Safety Award.
*Please note 2019 is the most up to date statistics available due to cancellation of swimming lessons during Covid-19 Lockdown.