Friends of Bosmere - what we do
We organise fun events and raise money for the school! We are always looking for helpers to help make the events a success. Please contact Tiggy Challis, Kate Allen, Laura Boreham, Debbie Burger or Alison Darrington if you would like more information or would like to help via the school office.
The PFA may be contacted via email at: email@example.com
Our next meeting
Virtual Meeting – Friday 8th January 2021, 9.30am
(For joining instructions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Scan the above QR code or click here to pay online for PFA events.
Christmas Jumper Day
Wednesday 16th December
All donations will be given to the Stowmarket & Area Food Bank.
Donations via: https://www.pta-events.co.uk/bosmere/
Big PTA Raffle
With draws taking place from 7th – 18th December with cash prizes of up to £5k per draw (12 draws in total).
Tickets can be purchased online: https://www.bigptaraffle.co.
50% of the money raised will go directly to Bosmere School.
Jolly Jazzy Creations and Dress up you Pet/ Teddy Competition
Deadline 16th December
send a photo of you ‘Christmas’ pet or jolly jazzy creation to email@example.com before 16th December
to be in with a chance of winning a prize! £1 per entry, pay online: https://www.pta-events.co.uk/
End of January/ Beginning of February 2021
PFA Raffle – more details to follow in the New Year
Friday 12th February 2021 – Break the Rules Day
Same format as October 2020
March 2021 – Sponsored read event
More details to follow
Projects and Outcomes
Events we have organised in recent school years:
- Christmas fair
- Summer fete
- Cake bake and easter hat parade
- World book day 2nd hand book sale
- Bosmere calendars
- Bosmere tea towels
- Christmas cards
- Bags 2 school
- Provided ice-lollies at sports day and refreshments at the teddy bears picnic
Donations we have made so far this year:
The PFA are delighted to have contributed towards the following this year:
- £76 Books
- £289 Y6 Book Tokens
- £79 Planetarium
- £251 Chess Clocks & Resources
- £50 Christmas Crackers
- £1849 PHSE Wellbeing Resources
- £161 Hire of Community Centre
Other donations made in the last 5 years:
- Community Centre Hire – £46
- Bikeability – £180
- Junk Orchestra – £749
- T-shirts for Choir for Snape Concert – £55.86
- UKS2 Camcorder – £149.99
- Playground equipment £2,500
- Playground painting £4,374
- Eco week £500
- Notice boards £407
- Leavers trips/photos/party
- Puppets £350
- Shed £964
- Jubilee medals £238
- Each year £500 donation given to each of the 4 Key stages
- Each year Leavers Hoodies £10 per child[or a £10 book token for leavers who didn’t want a hoodie
- £2700 for books
- £3000 for outdoor play equipment
- Chess competition donation for entrance fees
- £269 on playground toys and music
- Ice-creams for Sports Day
- Chocolates for Easter parade
- Provided refreshments at the Teddy Bears Picnic
PFA Online Shopping
Do you buy your shopping online? Do it through easyfundraising.org.uk and raise a free donation for Friends of Bosmere School – Needham Market every time you shop!
There are nearly 3,000 retailers including Amazon, Argos, Smyths Toys, The Entertainer (thetoyshop.com), John Lewis, Tesco, Asda, Waitrose, Marks and Spencer and Sainsbury’s, who’ll give a free donation to Bosmere School, it doesn’t cost you a penny extra. Head here to sign up https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/fobosmeres/ and collect free donations on Christmas gifts, groceries and decorations.
Download the easyfundraising app for your mobile or tablet and you’ll never miss a donation. To get it, visit the App Store or Google Play and search for ‘easyfundraising’ or find out more here: www.easyfundraising.org.uk/raise-more/easyfundraising-app
It’s so easy and quick! Thanks for your support!